Seamless Integration with Other Healthcare Systems
To improve safety and boost healthcare professional productivity, 4S DAWN have created many interfaces that provide integration between the DAWN system and a range of other healthcare and hospital IT systems including:
- Patient medical record
- Patient administration
- Document management
- and various others
Read how Confluence Health Anticoagulation Service has benefited from the integration of DAWN AC with a number of their IT systems.
The examples below are just a selection of interfaces that can be configured within your DAWN AC system.
- NEW – Inbound Point of Care Interfaces
- Roche point of care device is taken out into the community (can also be used in the clinic)
- Patient’s INR’s are taken
- The point of care device is then taken back to the clinic and docked
- The docked point of care device then transmits the INR’s to Roche cobas IT 1000 application
- The cobas application sends the INR messages into DAWN AC
- Patient takes INR reading on Alere point of care device
- Logs in to Alere Cloud and enters their INR
- The message is sent from Alere Cloud into an integration engine agent (secure message relay) at the hospital
- The integration engine agent then sends the INR message onto Mirth
- Mirth sends the message into DAWN AC
- Inbound Admissions / Discharges
This interface updates your DAWN system to let you know straight away if a patient has been admitted to, discharged from, or transferred within your hospital. This is a major safety enhancement that enables you to take appropriate actions.
- Inbound Patient Demographics
Automatically updates the demographic information and referring Primary Care GP/Physician of your DAWN patients with details from your master patient system to ensure that you have the most current information. It can also be configured to add new patients into DAWN.
- Inbound Scheduling
Automatically updates the patient’s next visit details within DAWN AC once entered into your master appointment system.
- Inbound INR Results
This interface imports patient INR results directly from your laboratory system or point of car device into DAWN AC.
- Inbound Laboratory Test Results
Import other test results directly from your laboratory system into DAWN AC.
- Outbound Summary
Send current visit summary and next test date information out to other systems e.g. hospital / health system patient records. This is a particularly useful safety feature for viewing the patient’s current anticoagulation status from other hospital systems.
- Outbound Scheduling
Send details of new, re-scheduled and cancelled appointments entered into your DAWN AC system to other hospital systems.
- Outbound Billing Summary
Send visit information out to other systems. This is a particularly useful feed for billing or costing systems.
- Outbound Laboratory Orders
Send details of a patient’s new appointment from DAWN to your laboratory system to automatically create an order for their next INR test.
- Outbound Documents
Send documents containing patient details from your DAWN system to a document management system.
- Outbound Call/Voice Automation Systems
Send patient details to call/voice automation systems such as Televox to enable patients to be automatically called about appointment details e.g. appointment reminders, missed appointments.