Benchmarking Service: Anonymised Comparison of Your Centre’s Performance
Join over 100 anticoagulation centres around the world that use the DAWN AC Benchmarking Service and see how your organisation ranks compared to others.
The Benchmarking Service provides a forum for the benchmarking of pertinent operational and clinical performance or outcome measures and indicators to support and enhance the clinical practice of each member organisation.
- Monitor key performance measures
- Satisfy quality assurance principles – unable to improve a process until it is measured
- Satisfy internal audit requirements
- Easy production of statistics that are often time-consuming and complex to produce
- Compare performance with other sites
“I have found the benchmarking report extremely useful. I had to present our service to the commissioners in an attempt to get extra funding for the next financial year. I used some of the graphs to evidence our performance, it made the difference!”
Data is presented with a set of on-line graphs/ tables, for example, for Time In Range Comparison (click on image to enlarge):
“Overall brilliant. I am a happy customer”
Utilising anonymous data extracted from DAWN AC systems, a benchmarking report is generated comparing sites against 33 key measures such as percentage time in range.
The primary focus of our benchmarking service is to provide a forum for benchmarking of pertinent operational and clinical performance or outcome measures and indicators to support and enhance the clinical practice of each member organisation.
It enables your organisation to identify areas for improvement and provides a means of continuously monitoring progress in these areas and picking up on any significant changes within your service.
“The benchmarking report allows me to see more clearly what is happening with our service”
Benchmarking reports are supplied electronically using an online format that offers the following benefits:
- Makes accessing and distributing the benchmarking reports easier and quicker
- Provides flexibility in viewing and manipulating the data
- The dynamic nature better enables sites to identify strengths/weaknesses and required changes
- Provides better insights for future plans and of changes/improvements to your service over time
- Filters incorporated into the report enable users to interactively refine the data they want to see
Download the DAWN AC Benchmarking Service leaflet now
The DAWN AC Benchmarking service has been running for over 15 years:
- Over 100 registered sites
- Over 324,000 patients in the latest run
- Over 2,690,000 INRs in the latest run
- Currently incorporates over 30 parameters profiling a site’s performance
- Covers 4 therapeutic ranges used for 97% of all patients
The following journal article regarding benchmarking for warfarin therapy is written by Dan Witt from Kaiser Permanente, a DAWN Anticoagulation Software customer.
J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2011 Apr;31(3):242-8. doi: 10.1007/s11239-011-0570-0.
Quality measures and benchmarking for warfarin therapy.